I hope all the District staff, Post Commanders, and Quartermasters are well while our Nation battles this coronavirus, or COVID-19. Please check on your fellow comrades to ensure that they are taking the precautions to lessen the spread of the virus. This is a tough time for our country and the world, as always, we will prevail.
Joe Smith, VFW Department Commander, has canceled all Post and District meetings April 30, 2020. If the all clear comes earlier we will advise and reschedule the District meetings. All Post Canteens also have to close. I know elections reports will be delayed because of no meetings in April.
Let's look at the bright side. This is a perfect time for post to sit down and check the member stats to see if they are lacking in some category. Check the following:
1. Trustee reports. There is one due the end of this month. There are a few post that are behind. If your records show you are up to date, check with Department and get it cleaned up.
2. Program Reports. Those are due to department by 15 April 2020. There are three post that do not have any Programs logged this year.
3. 990’s. If you have submitted one in 2 year, get it in.
4. Delegate Fees It is $4.00 per 30 Members as of 6 May 2020
5. Poppies Your need to purchase at least five Poppies per-member based on 30 June 2019 membership.
6. Membership This is the perfect time to call your members, especially the ones that have lapsed in their membership or have not renewed in the last few months. Check on them to see how they are dealing with the Virus and to make a plug to renew their membership.