Walgreens will again be offering flu shots to the US Departments of Veterans Affairs (VA) patients this year. As a summary:
• National Partnership between the Department of Veterans Affairs and Walgreens to vaccinate VA patients
• VA patient can walk into most Walgreens pharmacies and present the voucher or present with their VA ID card and get a no cost flu shot, quantities are limited
• VA patient’s clinical record is electronically updated by Walgreens – no paperwork to take to the VA
The vaccination covered under the voucher is Quadrivalent and noted on the voucher.
How it works:
• Patient may print and bring completed Voucher (see attached) to Walgreens, along with his/her VA identification card
• Patient provides his/her Social Security Number
• Walgreens administers flu shot and system updates patient’s VA clinical record
Attached is the voucher however if a Veteran presents without a voucher, but has VA ID and other form of ID, Walgreens should have a code on-hand to administer flu shot.
I’ve also attached a flyer/poster that you can post or send out to remind VA patients that flu shots are available to them at Walgreens. We know convenience is important, Walgreens has over 8200+ stores where they can get their flu shots.
We would also be happy to potentially do "onsite flu clinics” at a large meeting event you may be having and do a free blood pressure checks too. If you have any local meetings or VFW events where it make sense to have Walgreens attend, just let me know and I can coordinate with the local store that’s most convenient.
Also note, I received a copy of VFW Magazine recently and page 42 highlights this partnership.
Thanks for your support! I am very pleased Walgreens and the VA are working together again this year to keep VA patients healthy. If you could please pass along to any/all VFW or VA organizations to get the word out that would be great.
Note: As you know, Walgreens is also now in the Tricare network and can provide flu shots under that benefit.