We protect and defend America’s heroes.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars is the nation’s largest combat veterans’ organization, serving and honoring 2.1 million members in approximately 7,600 Posts worldwide. Ever since its founding in 1899, the VFW has donated millions of volunteer hours, been a strong supporter of our country’s youth, a major promoter of patriotic and educational efforts and an unwavering advocate to our military, its veterans, and their families.
Some of the battles we’ve fought and won include:
- Improving services for women veterans at VA medical centers
- Establishing the Veterans Administration
- Developing the national cemetery system
- Acquiring compensation for Vietnam vets exposed to Agent Orange and for veterans diagnosed with Gulf War Syndrome
- Creating a new GI Bill for the 21st Century